Pages

Monday 1 February 2010

Been a while...

Oops let this slip didn't I? To be honest its the complete lack of inspiration I've been afflicted with. But I finally found not one but two things I thought I could talk about. I'll look at the more serious one first.
Just the other day David Cameron used the rather unfortunate term "swingeing cuts" to describe what he wouldn't do to the government spending in his first year in power. Regrettably this implies "swingeing cuts" in the years afterwards. (Swingeing cuts just means massive cuts) This public statement has caused deep divide within the conservative party. George Osbourne the Shadow Chancellor disagrees with Cameron's statement, stating that there will be cuts immediately to recover the £178 billion deficit. Such is the confusing nature of politics.
Sadly at the moment it seems that the election will be a choice between two evils, neither of them a lesser. Its either the confused conservatives led by the vague Cameron or the fat and complacent Labour party led by the uncharismatic Gordon Brown. Lets hope we choose the right one somehow.
On a lighter note ever notice how annoying it is when stupid people can't follow a brilliant joke? Hope you've all been picking comedy referees like I told you too.
Be casual. Be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment